- Course includes 2 projects
- Over 5 hours of video instructions in real time, with an option to speed up
- Closed students’ FB group
- Unlimited access
- Painting self- portraits with your pets
- Using watercolor, ink and charcoal pencils to create depth
Skills Students Will Learn:
Finding suitable reference photos
- Creating an interesting composition
- Using loose line-work with limited color to create a vibrant painting
Instructions, start-to-finish, for two portraits : one with a woman with a dog and one a man with a cat
Detailed instructions for creating the sketch, mixing color, and helpful hints for painting the details that will make your portraits come alive!
From Jane Armstrong:
My name is Jane Armstrong, and if you are familiar with my work you know that I love to paint pet portraits. What you may not know is that my first love is painting human portraits! When I was a little girl I would paint portraits of people using photos from my Dad’s National Geographic magazines. The human face is still my favorite subject to paint.
I like to practice my portrait sketching using ink and watercolor, and I am always searching for interesting faces to paint. A friend posted a charming selfie with her pup and I knew I had to paint her. It was so much fun combining my two favorite subjects!
In this course I will show you step-by-step my process for sketching these portraits using black pen, watercolor and charcoal pencils. Reference photos will be provided or you can use your own, and we will complete two paintings, one with a dog and one with a cat. The paintings are expressive using loose, free-flowing lines with minimum detail and color.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING THE COURSE:
This course was recorded in the home studio of Jane Armstrong and has some noises here and there. This is why the price of the class has been generously reduced
- You should have basic computer skills, such as be able to navigate through my website, and should be able to know how to use your printer to print images.
- High speed internet is required to be able to watch the videos.
- Firefox or Google Chrome to be able to download videos
- We offer lifelong access. All videos are downloadable and you can keep them forever.
- There are no refunds, no exception. Once you purchase the course, it is yours to keep.
What to expect once you’ve purchased the course:
The course access information including Art Supply list will be sent to the email address associated with your payment within 24 hours. If you don’t see it in your Inbox, please check Spam/Advertisement folders. Have a question – drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to creating with you!