* Instant LIFETIME ACCESS and DOWNLOADABLE VIDEOS! *
With this class you will receive an oil painting how-to videos including:
* How to start paintings with thin paint moving to thicker paint (fat over lean);
* What medium to use with oil paint;
* How to clean your brushes, and how to dispose of oil painting materials.
* Three painting videos demonstrating techniques to paint the earth, the land, and the sky, helping you to connect with nature and create a sense of place.
* Reference photos for learning purposes.
* A bonus surprise video
* All videos are downloadable
* Lifetime access
* A closed Facebook group for students.
* This one week class will have four hours of content.
This class is for painters of all levels.
We are all beginners at one time and so don’t be intimidated if you are new to painting. I want to encourage anyone who would like to paint to not be afraid to give it a try. It is important to honor your heart motivation to paint and I want to support you in that.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- See light and shadow
- Create atmosphere and ambience
- Mix colors like a boss
- Explore composition
- Simplify your photos
- Make friends with values
- Learn a step-by-step process you can use every time you paint
- Express yourself
- Gain confidence
- See with new eyes
- Have fun
In this class we will be creating three different landscape paintings, one with a tie to the earth, one to water, and one to the sky. PLUS a surprise Bonus painting! I want to help you connect with nature and create mood and atmosphere in all of your paintings, this is my heart and my aim. I will show you how to see light and shadow and mix colors like a boss.
We will explore oil paints and I’ll show you how to start from scratch with oil painting so you feel comfortable with the paints and related elements.
If you would rather paint with acrylics or pastel, that is totally fine, or you could also use water mixable oils which keep the cleanup very simple.
I will talk about composition and simplifying to keep your painting strong. I will teach you a step-by-step process for how to work from a photograph to create your painting. This process can be used over and over with every new painting.
You will learn how to enjoy the beauty of nature, express yourself, gain confidence in your painting, and see with new eyes.
Color palette: cadmium yellow light, cadmium yellow deep, yellow ochre, cadmium orange, cad red light, transparent red oxide, alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, viridian, titanium white, warm white.
Brushes: I use flats in various sizes, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 0, you don’t need to go buy all of these brushes, use what you have and are comfortable with.
Palette knife: I use a number 5 with a rounded end.
For oil painters: Gamsol odorless mineral spirits and for medium you can use Gamblin solvent free gel
https://www.gamblincolors.com/oil-painting/mediums/solvent-free-painting-mediums/, or clove oil . Murphy’s oil soap for cleanup
Sketch Pad and Tombow Markers – N15 Black, N65, Cool Gray 5 and N75, Cool Gray 3
Tissues and paper towels
Four small canvases, two 8 x 10 and two 10 x 10.
*Lifetime access – as long as I’m in business and we are able to manage this site with reasonable effort.